Saturday, May 7, 2011

Feeling the Hammer

Feeling the Hammer


Saturday mornings are almost always a blessing.  A little more sleep, and a wonderful hubby making coffee in the kitchen.  I crawled out of bed once the dazzling sun streaming through my window persisted on waking me, and groggily went downstairs for my morning breakfast.  I've learned to love eggs over easy.  It's a salmonella risk, true, if they aren't cooked hot enough...but something about that yolk spreading its golden sunshine across a tortilla dappled with beans, cheese and cilantro, makes me happy.  It's the small things in life that seem to do that.

After breakfast, Jim, Sean and I decided to go to the early movie and check out the 3D film of "Thor".  Anthony Hopkins as the Norse God Odin was well played, and Chris Hemsworth as Thor was a perfect cast.  Natalie Portman had less of an intense role this time around, than when she played in Black Swan, but I'm always a fan.  The scenes of Asgard in the movie were phenomenal, and all in all I thought the movie was well done.  The ending was a bit flat for me, but for those of you that read this, stay after the credits because there's a bit more.  :)

After enjoying "the Hammer" it was time to sit down and plug along at my miserable dissertation paper which seems as if it will never find a life of it's own.  It is always under some sort of resuscitation and I fear one day the heartbeat may stop...but for now I'm lifting the paddles and adding more words like emergency room staff adds blood to a body filled with holes.  Time will tell if I finish this version today and send it in again for another critical review.  If I do, I hope it makes the grade soon.  My data is sitting in a box, on cassette tapes, and transcriptions, just waiting for me to discern the theories that lie within.

~Cin

No comments:

Post a Comment