Friday, May 13, 2011

Out of Gas....

There are days I come home too exhausted to write much.  This is one of those days, and this post will be short because of it.  Tomorrow is International Nurse's Day, and I've organized a pot luck for the nurses, and little gift bags for them.  I'm not usually the nursey type but someone has to appreciate our hard working nurses.  My boss, and my fellow co-worker, are going in on the gifts and the appreciation day, and I'm glad.  I'm a little short on dollars, and not big enough on sense, but I want them to know that we know how hard they work.

MED-IG will be at our satellite clinic tomorrow, and Friday they'll visit us.  Joint Commission should be here soon as well, and I'm finding myself almost hopeful for my return to Afghanistan.  The worst part being I can't take my family with me.  Deployment, as most military folks will tell you, is not all that bad.  There's less politics, more real work, and the worst of it is the stench of porta-potties in the summer, and waiting at the air terminal to actually get on a flight.  Other than that, the sand, the heat, and the distance from the States is not all that bad.  The food is good, sometimes too good, and there's the constant need to exercise to avoid gaining weight.  The worst is being away from family, and trying to find ways to communicate with family when you're gone.  It will be a challenge, but I'll be glad to be away from the rat race for a while....

Back to the dissertation work, and rework.  Wishing you all blessings and peace in your lives.
~Cin

No comments:

Post a Comment